Tools for Tough TimesMore Resources
- Visit a family member
- Take a walk in your neighborhood.
- Text one or more trusted friends. Ask if they can spend time with you.
- Talk with a neighbor.
- Call up a friend. Let them know you’re having a difficult day.
- Join a pick-up game.
- Go out to eat or enjoy a picnic.
- Host a movie watching party.
- Play a boardgame.
- Play a sport.
- Go people-watching.
- Ask a friend to store medication and firearms for you.
Removing these from your environment can keep you safe during a moment of crisis.
Find a passion project or creative outlet.
Remember the basics: drink water, eat nutritious meals, get rest.
Exercise using something you love.
If you don’t feel you can keep yourself safe right now, seek immediate help, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255
Survivor StoriesShare Your Story