Tools for Tough TimesMore Resources
- Visit a family member
- Take a walk in your neighborhood.
- Text one or more trusted friends. Ask if they can spend time with you.
- Talk with a neighbor.
- Call up a friend. Let them know you’re having a difficult day.
- Join a pick-up game.
- Go out to eat or enjoy a picnic.
- Host a movie watching party.
- Play a boardgame.
- Play a sport.
- Go people-watching.
- Ask a friend to store medication and firearms for you.
Removing these from your environment can keep you safe during a moment of crisis.
Exercise using something you love.
Remember the basics: drink water, eat nutritious meals, get rest.
Find a passion project or creative outlet.
If you don’t feel you can keep yourself safe right now, seek immediate help, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255
Survivor StoriesShare Your Story