SafeTALK: A Suicide Prevention Workshop
SafeTALK is a 3-hour alertness training that prepares anyone over the age of 15, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper.
Participants will learn to:
- Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts may be present,
- Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked,
- Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide,
- Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, Keep safe, and
- Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to them for further suicide-safer help.
Up to 3 CEUs available! Scholarships are available. Email [email protected] for more information.Back to Events